Send Us Your Images
Instructions for sending images:
You have several options for sending us your photographs. You can
1. Send us your digital files taken with your digital camera;
2. Scan in photographs and send us the digital files;
3. Send us your photographs and let us scan them for you.
1. Digital files are preferred. Digital files are taken straight from the digital camera (no camera phone pictures, please) and are e-mailed to us, or an FTP can be arranged for extra large images. These photos have the best clarity and are dust-free. When taking pictures with your digital camera, be sure to set the file size at it's optimum for enlargement and printing quality. The file size should be 800 kb at the minimum (or 4 x 6 at 200 dpi).
2. When scanning photos to send through e-mail, check your scanning settings to get the best digital file. Scan your photograph at full size (100%) at 200 dpi or higher. Be sure to remove all dust from the pictures and the scanning bed. Cropping to the exact photo's edge is not required—just make sure the entire photo is scanned.
3. When mailing photographs to be scanned, be sure to package them appropriately. Do not place two glossy photographs front to front in an envelope. If they get moist, they will stick to each other. Take precautions to minimize water damage, such as including photos in a plastic bag or lined envelope. Mark the envelope as “Photos: Do not bend” or include cardboard to prevent bending of the envelope. If photos arrive damaged, utmost care will be taken to salvage the prints and minimize the damage digitally. Photos will be returned when your collage is mailed.